Is your teenager depressed?
The symptoms may be harder to spot than obvious blues. The following
are some of the signs of teenage depression, and are most significant
when they occur in combination and over a period lasting more
than two weeks.
1. Sadness, anxiety and hopelessness.
2. Lack of interest in food or compulsive overeating
with resulting weight loss or gain. Or, night time insomnia and
3. Social isolation. Friends are important to
teens and if your child is withdrawing from friends, this is a
sign of trouble.
4. Sudden drop in grades, cutting school, or
5. Psychosomatic complaints - headaches, stomachaches,
low back pain and fatigue. These can plague depressed teens.
6. Alcohol, drug use or sexual activity can be
ways of coping with depression. Suicidal feeling and behavior
are a sign of serious depression and a real cry for help
Teens & The Wrong
Drugs, Alcohol and