Your College Essay
on your college application are the
most important items on the application. Through these essays
you have the opportunity to convey to admissions personnel the
things that are most important to you. Make sure that your essays
contain information that is of some value. The best essays are
not only well written, but present what are often ordinary events
from an unusual perspective.
In your essays, describe thoughts,
events or personal characteristics that you have not communicated
elsewhere in the application or in your interview. Be honest and
accurate, and if you find out that the questions on the application
do not allow you to tell something you feel the admissions committee
should know, submit an additional sheet of paper.
* Try to characterize yourself as someone special or unique.
Set yourself apart from other applicants.
* Convey interest in the college's academic programs. Give well
thought out reasons as to why you wish to attend the college.
* Draft your essays early so that you can rewrite them at a later
* Let your parents, teacher or counselor critique your essays.
* Your final essay should convey your thoughts concisely, be neatly
written or typed and be grammatically correct.
Taking Time Off
Tips for College