* These can stay in your vagina for a maximum of 12 hours.
* Have sex as often as you want in the first 6 hours after your
sponge is inserted
* Your sponge must be left in your vagina for 6 hours after last
* Once removed, it can't be re-used.
* It's not recommended to be used during your period.
Where can I get them?
* most drugstores, without prescription
* some birth control clinics (at reduced costs.)
What else should I know?
* DO NOT DOUCHE before 6 hours have passed
after the last intercourse. (Douching is NOT recommended at any
time, but can reduce the effectiveness of the spermicide by prematurely
washing it out.)
* different brands require different timing, so be sure to carefully
read the specific instructions included with the product you choose.
Foams, Jellies & Sponge